Sunday 6 January 2013

New Zucchini meat


Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables. Not much flavor, and the texture is something you do not like. But I started using more and more because I have started to add to recipes. Sliced​​, chopped or shredded chicken with a little added spice, cheese or ground, and one of my favorite vegetables for one, is delicious. But the best news is that I am not the only growing vegetables in my diet. My son is too.

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 2 small zucchinis, shredded
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
  • 1 (6 ounce) package biscuit mix

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. Prepare the biscuit mix according to the package directions and set aside.
  3. Cook the beef, onion and zucchini in a large skillet over medium-high heat until onions are tender and beef is no longer pink. Drain the fat and stir in the salt and pepper.
  4. Spread the beef mixture in the prepared pie plate. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
  5. Spread the prepared biscuit mix over the top of the beef, vegetable and cheese mixture and bake for 25 minutes or until a knife stuck in the center comes out clean. Let cool for five minutes, cut into wedges and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment