Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables. Not much flavor, and the texture is something you do not like. But I started using more and more because I have started to add to recipes. Sliced, chopped or shredded chicken with a little added spice, cheese or ground, and one of my favorite vegetables for one, is delicious. But the best news is that I am not the only growing vegetables in my diet. My son is too.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 small zucchinis, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 (6 ounce) package biscuit mix
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare the biscuit mix according to the package directions and set aside.
- Cook the beef, onion and zucchini in a large skillet over medium-high heat until onions are tender and beef is no longer pink. Drain the fat and stir in the salt and pepper.
- Spread the beef mixture in the prepared pie plate. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Spread the prepared biscuit mix over the top of the beef, vegetable and cheese mixture and bake for 25 minutes or until a knife stuck in the center comes out clean. Let cool for five minutes, cut into wedges and serve.