I've been doing this low-fat meals for my family for years, and always well received. Pasta with tomatoes, asparagus and pieces of pork, it is tempting combination of flavors and textures. Rhonda-Zavodny David City, Nebraska
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes (about 6 medium)
- 6 ounces boneless fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute asparagus and yellow pepper in oil until tender. Add tomatoes and ham; heat through.
- Drain pasta; add to the vegetable mixture. Stir in seasonings. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.